Turret Punch Programming and Nesting Software
With JETCAM, you are not locked in to a rigid system to achieve automation. We know that when it comes to punching, a wide range of processing is required, from blank-to-size single part programming to automated programming and nesting. JETCAM is built to provide the NC programmer with a wide range of tools to accomplish the task at hand: to create optimized NC programs that run the machine as efficiently as possible.
All automation features inherent to Punch Combination machines such as automatic loading, unloading and right angle shear are supported in JETCAM.
Main features & options for punching
- Multi format CAD input support for DXF, DWG, IGES, ORD, and 3D CAD systems such as Solidworks, Inventor, PRO/E, SolidEdge, Catia, etc.
- Automatic and Interactive micro joints tab insertion
- Multiple tool libraries assignable per material and thickness, fully supports all multi-tool types
- Automatic and Interactive placement of special tools, cluster punches
- Automatic and Interactive tooling including "Teach-mode" for learned auto-tooling
- Automatic removal of double-hits (common cutting)
- Automatic turret positioning, turret/magazine loading, parting/unloading of components at any angle
- Automatic and Interactive Repositioning, Sheet Rotation, Flipping
- Support for complex machines (FMC, FMS, etc)
- Interactive nesting (arrays, free-hand, bump nesting)
- Automatic nesting at multiple angles using appropriate tools
- Parametric programming (both automatic and interactive modules available
- Materials and orders databases module for materials stock/order handling or interface to external MRP systems
- Automatic processing of CAD files through to CNC programs
- Several nesting modules to choose from - High-performance Rectangular and High-Performance True-shape
- Remote control processing (RCP) for full hands-off automation
New in v18: New User Interface
V18 heralds the launch of JETCAM's new user interface. A new clean design delivers all new file and list management screens, minimises mouse travel and provides a more common experience across the JETCAM suite of applications.
New in v18: Automatic Sheet Processing
Automatic sheet processing, or ASP is the result of several years of development to provide total automation for punching machines. With one click users can automatically tool an entire nest, destroy the skeleton, apply common punching, macro unloading, microjointing and right angle shearing processes. With JETCAM Expert you have the best of both worlds. Existing tooling stored on the component, such as areas that have been taught using JETCAM's tool teach feature, or where microjoints have already been placed will be respected and retained. ASP is highly customisable, allowing you to specify when certain actions will occur, such as unloading versus microjointing, or how the skeleton will be handled. Once configured this makes the process from CAD file to NC code incredibly fast and simple.
New in v18: High Performance Nesting
JETCAM's new high performance nesting in v18* takes full advantage of today's multi-threading CPUs, delivering highly optimised nests in a fraction of the time. High performance nesting can be configured to run over a set period of time, with some users even choosing to run it overnight for maximum efficiency. Coupled with JETCAM's remote control processing (RCP), this allows the nesting process to be completely automated, with MRP systems providing a list of parts for ordering and JETCAM simply delivering highly efficient nests, NC code and management reports with costings and runtime estimation.
* Optional module. Upgrade from previous high performance nesting versions applies.